Wisconsin Maritime Museum
July 23, 2019
Press: Open to the Press
Approx Arrival Time: 1pm
Interviews: Executive Director Jon Weiler will be available for press interviews before the event starting at 12:00 pm. Interviews with Tom will be available immediately following the event.
We will stop by to pay tribute to those from the Navy, as well as take some time to visit the Wisconsin Maritime Museum and see what it all has to offer for resources. The Wisconsin Maritime Museum is a museum in Manitowoc that depicts the maritime heritage of the Great Lakes. It also houses the USS Cobia, the most intact World War II Submarine in the nation and is home to the oldest working radar in the world.
- 1:00 pm Presentation of Colors by local VFW/Legion
- 1:05 Press Conference begins
- 1:05 Caitlin Seguin – Welcome of Heroes Ride, Mission of the Maritime Museum
- 1:20 Jon Weiler – Highground Thanking Maritime Museum, Mission of The Highground
- 1:35 Laying of the wreath ceremony for those lost at sea
- 1:40 Moment of Silence
- 1:41 21 Gun Salute
- 1:42 Taps
- 1:45 Short meet and greet with Tom
- 2:15 Tom leaves for Sheboygan
Join the Ride Information: There will be no ride previous to this event. The next ride will take place in Madison.